Howto Setup a Minecraft Server at Home
This simple guide will show you how to run a Minecraft server from home that will allow friends to join your server. It should only take a few minutes to setup by anyone (you don't have to be a network ninja!)
- Sign up for Free DDNS at Now-DNS and configure an easy to remember hostname from one of our many free domains. The domain crafting.xyz was added especially for Minecraft use, it is available in the drop down list.
- Install the free Windows DDNS client to keep your hostname up to date with you IP address.
- Download UPnP wizard and install it.
- Setup port forwarding using UPnP wizard - Start up UPnP Wizard and add a port mapping for TCP port 25565 by clicking the "+" icon.
- Download Minecraft Server
- Start the server - Open a cmd prompt.
- Connect to your server - Tell your friends your hostname so they can also connect (pixel.crafting.xyz in this example).
- Change into the directory that you downloaded the minecraft server into.
- Launch the server using
- If this is the first time you have launched the server you will need to edit the eula.txt file to show that you accept it.